[R] object getConnection

mel mel at altk.com
Thu May 24 18:31:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

I use the functions socketConnections() and getConnection()
which are working fine. Thanks to the authors.

After opening nicely some socketConnection,
getConnection(3) returns something like :
description         class   mode  text    opened   can read  can write
"->127.0.0.1:7496" "socket" "wb" "binary" "opened"   "yes"    "yes"

I apologize in advance for this probably simple question,
but how is it possible to get/read the different fields ?
For example, how to get the "description" field ?

I tried a number of things ... but alas not the right one.

Thanks