[R] Infos

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 23 20:40:20 CEST 2007

You haven't given us much to go on.

The most likely problem is with 'A friend gave me file', is that the file
could have got corrupted in the transfer.

However, other possibilities are

1) You have a much older version of R than your friend.
2) Your computer has much less RAM than your friend's.
3) He could not read the file either.

As the rw-FAQ says, provided you use binary transfers this almost always
works seamlessly.  (Not that it was easy to achieve, but then most people
only ever comment on difficulties.)

You'll have to work out between the two of you what is going on.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk