[R] Fonts do not display properly on Red Hat

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 23 12:40:25 CEST 2007

Are you using a UTF-8 locale?  (You know, there are good reasons why the
posting guide asks for sessionInfo() output.)

If so, the problem is probably with the non-availability of fonts in
ISO10646 encoding, and you may well find that the R update suggested
(before posting) in the posting guide will help.  But you may have to run
R in e.g. en_GB to get satisfactory results from an old version of R on an
old OS.