[R] Reducing the size of pdf graphics files produced with R

Chabot Denis chabotd at globetrotter.net
Tue May 22 19:06:06 CEST 2007

Thank you Prof. Ripley.

Believe me, I do not have the skills to contribute such a thing as a
stream compressor and I DO appreciate the work and usefulness of the
pdf device as it is. I do most of my plots with pdf device, the rest
with quartz (especially when I'm not sure I'll want to save a plot)
and (rarely) png when the pdf output is too large or for
compatibility with microsoft applications.

I find the statement you took from the help page promising: I often
include these large plots into LaTeX, so I'll investigate what form
of compression pdftex can do.

Sincerely,