[R] error message

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue May 22 18:56:46 CEST 2007

Hi Karen --

This sounds like a Bioconductor question, and should be sent to the
Bioconductor list.

http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.html

Likely the complaint is about RMySQL being too old, rather than R. The
idea of 'reinstalling folders' doesn't sound like a good strategy for
updating packages; for Bioconductor see

http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html

likely

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("exonmap")

does the trick. If not and the problem seems to be RMySQL, then try

> biocLite("RMySQL")

or in a more robust way update all of your currently installed
packages with

> library("Biobase")
> update.packages(repos=biocReposList())

Finally, please provide a more informative subject line and the output
of

> sessionInfo()

so that the community can get a better understanding of the platform
and packages you're using, and hence the source of your problems.

Best,

Martin

karen power <karen.power at ucd.ie> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the package exonmap and RMySQL however I keep
> getting the following error:
>
> "Error in library(pkg, character.only = TRUE) :
>         'RMySQL' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?"
>
> I have R version 2.4.1 so I know its not a version issue. I deleted and
> reinstalled the folders again and the same thing happened. Has anyone
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karen

Martin Morgan