[R] graphics on Ubunut

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat May 19 05:19:25 CEST 2007

On 18 May 2007 at 20:25, Erin Hodgess wrote:
| Dear R People:
|
| I'm working with R on the latest version of Ubuntu.
|
| However, I can't get graphics to appear, even with the
| simplest plot commands.

What does this show for you:

	> capabilities()["X11"]
	 X11
	TRUE

If you get 'FALSE', and by chance you built this yourself, then you probably
omitted to install the X11 development packages, and overlooked the warning
that configure gave you.

You could consider installing the prebuilt Ubuntu binaries that are provided
via CRAN and its mirrors; see the R FAQ.

Hth, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison