[R] How to repress the annoying complains from X window system

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Fri May 18 19:28:11 CEST 2007

You might want to find out how R was installed and suggest the he/she
installs the latest version of R.

If from a pre-compiled binary, the update will likely be 2.5.0 and if
from source, be sure that they install using the latest R 2.5.0 Patched
source tarball from:

  ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/

In addition, have them run, as 'root', update.packages() from with an R
session started using:

  R --vanilla

to update any installed packages that might be causing a conflict.

HTH,

Marc