[R] Is it possible to control R with S+?

Tom.O tom.olsson at dnbnor.com
Thu May 17 13:46:00 CEST 2007

I am currently using S+, which is my company standard econometric package,
but unfortunately in some areas R has a lot more to offer in nice
functions/libraries. Libraries I would like to use in S+. So I would like to
use the R functions by calling on R from S+. For example export the data to
be used in the R calculation in a temporary txt-file, and then S+ calls on R
to start and read the txt file. R then executes the function specified and
then exports the results in another txt file which then S+ uploads. Is this
possible? Or does anyone have another solution?

Thanks Tom