[R] Re-sizing R graphics for Sweave

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Wed May 16 22:34:32 CEST 2007

I am generating a single graphic containing about 31 Boxplots; the issue
I am having is that not all the labels (3 characters each) are shown.
Interactively, within a R session, I can simply re-size the graphics
window and all the labels appear. But, what can I do non-interactively
to have all the labels displayed when using Sweave? Can the labels be
rotated 90-degrees; would this help? I guess one possibility would be to
number the boxplots, but this may not help either. My thought would be
to force the graphic to be a certain width, but I can't find how to do this.

I have searched and can not find a way to do this automatically — I
could not find anything in the "R Graphics" book by Paul Murrell that
pointed me in the right direction either.

Thank you,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams