[R] How to installation of R on Unix (SunOs 5.8)

Biao Xing xing.biao at gene.com
Tue May 15 23:03:57 CEST 2007

Dr. Ripley,

Thanks for you reply and hints. I was able to install R on the Unix system
(SunOs 5.8) by issuing the following commands:

./configure --with-readline=no --with-iconv=no
make

It may lose some functionality by specifying these options, I guess. But I
use Unix R only when I need to execute codes that will run for long time.
Otherwise I am satisfied with Windows R.

As for your comments #1, the file I downloaded is the same as the original R
resource file.

Thanks again.
Biao