[R] JOB: Data Analyst

m taylor michaell.taylor at boxwoodmeans.com
Tue May 15 22:16:31 CEST 2007

Boxwood Means, a financial services consultancy specializing in the
small balance mortgage sector and REIT analysis, is seeking a Data
Analyst.

Boxwood maintains several large databases of real estate transactions
around the nation as well as financial information on publicly traded
equities.  We use these data to create market intelligence and forecasts
for clients -- principally large banks. The Data Analyst will work
directly with clients and principals of the firm to support
"off-the-shelf" reports and customized market statistics and forecast
reports for clients.

The Data Analyst will work with large databases and is expected to be
skilled at data manipulation, data cleaning, producing publication
quality graphics and tables, and some statistical modeling. Much of the
firm's publications involves pulling data from MySQL into R, then
producing latex tables (Hmisc) and documents for delivery to clients.
In addition, the Data Analyst will conduct independent research and/or
data mining as required.

This is a telecommuting position.  All work is done remotely on
Boxwood's servers.  Employees are expected to provide their own working
environment.

Qualifications

A strong knowledge of the R (S-plus) programming language and some
familiarity with Linux, MySQL, and basic statistical models is required.
Experience in producing graphics and latex tables (Hmisc) using R would
be helpful.

The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, be
self-motivated, and capable of independent work.

We will consider a flexible part-time position or full-time position for
the well qualified candidate.

Please contact me off-list for additional information:

Michaell.Taylor at boxwoodmeans.com

Michaell Taylor, Ph.D.

Principal
Boxwood Means, Inc.