[R] efficient way of aggregating two variables at once

John Christie jc at or.psychology.dal.ca
Tue May 15 19:36:06 CEST 2007

Hi,
	I'm working out d' and therefore I'd like to aggregate two variables
at once (hits and false alarms).  In  the raw data frame is subject,
stimulus_presence, and response information.  I aggregate this into a
table now currently by separating out the target_presence=true data
and working out a hit rate and then workout out the false alarm rate
from the target_presence=false data.  Then I cbind the "x" column
from the false alarm aggregate to the hit rate data.  Then I can also
append a dprime column if I wish.  I am just inquiring as to whether
there is some facility I am missing for aggregating the variables
simultaneously or just generating the d' in one step.