[R] Anova Test

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue May 15 17:48:08 CEST 2007

r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch napsal dne 15.05.2007 17:32:35:

> Thank you Guys.
>
> Let say that from Test1 to control i have multiple data
>
> Tester
> Test1 Test2  Test3  Test4  Control
> 20       25      15        10       17
> .           .         .           .          .
> .           .         .           .          .
> 40       20       15        35      45
>
> Is this the method i need to use?

Better is to use stacked format.

value  testno
20     t1
...    t1
40     t1
25     t2
...    t2
20     t2

then

anova(lm(value~testno, data=yourdata)) will give you anova table.
However be carefull to keep testno as a factor. You could also consult
some introductory literature which can be find on CRAN, especially about
data manipulation and linear models. Maindonald, Verzani or Faraway is a
good starting choice.

Regards
Petr