[R] space in R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:10:13 CEST 2007

1. Use this gsub:

txt <- " C744=(C627*C177)/100"
gsub("\\b|([^[:alnum:]])", " \\1 ", txt)

and then strsplit or scan as in prior response.

2. If your text consists of valid R expressions then we can use the
R parse function can traverse the tree as shown:

txt <- " C744=(C627*C177)/100"
e <- parse(text = txt)
my.print <- function(e) {
	L <- as.list(e)
	if (length(L) == 0) return(invisible())
	if (length(L) == 1) print(L[[1]])
	else sapply(L, my.print)
	return(invisible())
}
my.print(e[[1]])

There is a parser for a portion of R in the Ryacas package you could
look at.