[R] R^2 from lme function

Martin Henry H. Stevens HStevens at MUOhio.edu
Mon May 14 17:32:25 CEST 2007

Hi Cleber,
I have been using this function I wrote for lmer output. It should be
easy to convert to lme. As with everything, buyer beware. Note that
it requires (full) maximum likelihood estimates.

Rsq <- function(reml.mod) {
  ## Based on
   ## N. J. D. Nagelkerke. A note on a general definition
   ## of the coefficient of determination. Biometrika, 78:691–692, 1991.
   ml.mod <- update(reml.mod, method="ML")
   l.B <- logLik(ml.mod)
   l.0 <- logLik( lm(ml.mod at y ~ 1) )
   Rsq <- 1 - exp( - ( 2/length(ml.mod at y) ) * (l.B - l.0) )
Rsq[1]
}

Hank

On May 14, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Cleber Borges wrote:

> Hello allR
>

> How to access R^2 from lme object?
> or how to calculate it?
>
> ( one detail: my model do not have a intercept )
>

> thanks in advanced
>
> Cleber

> guide.html

Dr. Hank Stevens, Assistant Professor