[R] Compilation of source package.

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) bxc at steno.dk
Fri May 11 13:41:12 CEST 2007

I have a samll package that works well and complies nicly on WinXP,
using R-2.4.1

Now I want to add a document so i make a folder inst\doc and put the
.tex and .pdf in there.

But the complation then crashes. Is this because the installin expects
some file to be present in inst if an inst folder is there?

This is how the thing progress is on my command promp:

C:\Stat\R\BxC\library.sources>c:\stat\r\R-2.4.1\bin\Rcmd check MethComp
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'C:/Stat/R/BxC/library.sources/MethComp.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
* checking for file 'MethComp/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'MethComp' version '0.0.8'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking whether package 'MethComp' can be installed ... ERROR
Installation failed.
See 'C:/Stat/R/BxC/library.sources/MethComp.Rcheck/00install.out' for
details.

C:\Stat\R\BxC\library.sources>more MethComp.Rcheck\00install.out
installing R.css in C:/Stat/R/BxC/library.sources/MethComp.Rcheck

---------- Making package MethComp ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing R files
  installing inst files
FIND: Parameter format not correct
make[2]: ***
[C:/Stat/R/BxC/library.sources/MethComp.Rcheck/MethComp/inst] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-MethComp] Error 2
*** Installation of MethComp failed ***

Removing 'C:/Stat/R/BxC/library.sources/MethComp.Rcheck/MethComp'

Bendix Carstensen
Senior Statistician
Steno Diabetes Center
Niels Steensens Vej 2-4