[R] Representing a statistic as a colour on a 2d plot

mister_bluesman mister_bluesman at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 16:00:58 CEST 2007

Hello.

I have a 2d plot which looks like this:

http://www.nabble.com/file/8242/1.JPG

This plot is derived from a file that holds statistics about each point on
the plot and looks like this:

          a            b            c           d          e
a        0            0.498    0.473    0.524   0.528
b       0.498      0           0           0          0
c       0.473      0           0           0          0
d       0.524      0           0           0          0
e       0.528      0           0           0          0

However, I have another file called 2.txt, with the following contents:

a      b      c      d      e
0.5   0.7  0.32 0.34 0.01

What I would like to know is how do I convert these values in 2.txt to
colours or colour intensities so that the x's in the diagram above can be
colour coded as such.

Many thanks.