[R] Simple question about function with glm

Chung-hong Chan chainsawtiney at gmail.com
Mon May 7 08:48:20 CEST 2007

Thank you akk.

I know it is not statistically sounded to check the distribution of
response before glm.
I will check the distribution of xmodel$residuals later on.

About the program problem.
It can print summary(xmodel) but not confint(xmodel) by amending my
code as suggested by Bill Venables.

Regards,
CH

On 5/7/07, Ben Bolker <bolker at zoo.ufl.edu> wrote:
>  <Bill.Venables <at> csiro.au> writes:
>

> > Finally, I'm a bit puzzled why you use glm() when the simpler lm() would
> > have done the job.  You are fitting a linear model and do not need the
> > extra paraphernaila that generalized linear models require.
> >
> > Bill Venables.
> >

>   Perhaps the original poster is confused about the difference
> between general (a la PROC GLM) and generalized (glm) linear
> models?
>
>   The code is also a little puzzling because the same tests
> seem to be run whether p>0.05 or not.  Perhaps the code
> will eventually be written to log-transform the data
> if it fails the normality test?
>
>  [ hint: ?boxcox in the MASS package might be a better way
> to go ]
>
>   Ben Bolker

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be
sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
Nikola Tesla
http://www.macgrass.com