[R] Survival statistics--displaying multiple plots

Robert A LaBudde ral at lcfltd.com
Thu May 3 07:28:38 CEST 2007

The layout() function below states there are to be 3 graphs on the
first row, side by side.

Each time you plot, R applies the graph to the next free position on
the layout. After 3 plots with your different boolean subsets, you
end up with 3 graphs side by side.

If this is not what you want (you asked for this in your first
request), and instead you want 3 curves on the same, single graph,
use plot() for the first curve(s) and then use lines() to add the
additional curves.

Check the survfit() object to see how to pick off individual times
and survival curves by subscripting.

Robert A. LaBudde, PhD, PAS, Dpl. ACAFS  e-mail: ral at lcfltd.com
Least Cost Formulations, Ltd.            URL: http://lcfltd.com/
824 Timberlake Drive                     Tel: 757-467-0954
Virginia Beach, VA 23464-3239            Fax: 757-467-2947

"Vere scire est per causas scire"