[R] R GUI in Ubuntu Feisty?

duggula scherer.r at gmx.de
Wed May 2 23:25:06 CEST 2007

Hello Andy,

I had the same problem in Feisty and now I fixed it.
I updated to Java 6 through the repositories from Feisty.
Then I choosed java 6 with sudo update-alternatives --config java.
After that I started R with sudo R.
If you had already installed JGR, but it doesn't run you have to write:

>JGR(update=TRUE)

This is shown when you run

>library(JGR)

I wish you luck,