[R] to draw a smooth arc

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Tue May 1 16:53:54 CEST 2007

There is the grid.xspline function in the grid package that allows for
things like this (the control points, though more general than what you
state).  I don't know if it uses the postscript curveto, or approximates
using line segments.

You can also use the xfig device, then use xfig, winfig, or jfig to
explicitly convert any polylines to xslpines, adjust any parameters of
the spline that you want, then export to other formats.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center