[R] Polar graph of time and tide

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Tue May 1 16:04:50 CEST 2007

I have been trying to visualize times of lowest tides, month by month.
 I have tide predictions with times either in unix time or a text
format, and heights in feet or meters.  I had been able to derive the
clock times of each prediction.   I would now like to graph this data
with points showing heights as "r" and times as "theta", from 0000 to
2355.  There is a seasonal component: I am interested in displaying
times of lowest tides in particular.

I am sure this is so simple as to burden those on the list; I however
have spent two evenings trying to figure out how to use polar.plot,
and I'm not sure that's the best way to do this.  May I request some
advice?  The docs with polar.plot are not complete, I fear.

Thank you, begging for your indulgence,

Alan

Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan  lngndvs at gmail.com

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute
rejection of authority.  ----- Thomas H. Huxley