[R] Problem with the installation of "install R" on Sun Solaris

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 1 13:59:37 CEST 2007

R has a file INSTALL which asks you to read R-admin.html if you have a
problem.  That manual explains that you need a C (preferably C99) and a
Fortran compiler.  This extensive posting merely says that you don't have
a C compiler in your path.  That's not something we can help you with.
(Lots of other tools are missing as well.)

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Vipin Singhal wrote:

> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> It was created by R configure 2.4.1, which was
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was
>
>  $ ./configure

[...]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk