[R] Wikibooks

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Fri Mar 30 13:34:20 CEST 2007

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> But the wiki doesn't offer a way to ask questions.  I'd be just as
> happy to answer questions there as here, but there are none there to
> answer
> (and the advice there is to ask questions here).
>
> I don't know how to organize a wiki to make it easy to ask and
> answer questions.  It's a reasonably good way to collect reference
> information, but it's not very well suited to Q&A.

The way to ask questions in the Wiki is to micro-vandalize it :-)))))))

Since anyone can edit, if I don't know how to use some function,
I can _create_ this page and fill it with my doubts - in the hope
that someone will then fix it latter.

Example:

  rnorm

  This is a very weird function, because things like rnorm(0.975)
  should return 1.96, but returns numeric(0)

And then someone would either rename the page to qnorm, or write
a new rnorm page.

Alberto Monteiro