[R] Import of a workspace into R

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 14:57:58 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 13:22 +0200, Schmitt, Corinna wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Sorry for more details before but I was in a hurry.
>
> One workspace comes from Matlab and one should come from Bioconductor.
> At the moment I can just work with the Matlab-workspace. I just know
> that the data is stored in an Excel-File --> I have a table.
> I know that there exists an RMatlab packet but I could not found any
> near information or description of it.
>
> Can anyone help me or give me additional papers or Links?
>
> Thanks, Corinna

There are various ways to read data stored in an Excel file and these
are detailed in the R Data Import/Export manual.

For the Matlab files, see the R.matlab package on CRAN:

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Descriptions/R.matlab.html

Using:

  RSiteSearch("matlab")

would have revealed the above.

Since Bioconductor is built upon R, those files should not be an issue.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz