[R] impose points on lattice plot

Luis Ridao Cruz Luisr at frs.fo
Tue Mar 27 15:15:25 CEST 2007

R-help,

I'm using the lattice package to plot 2 variables (vekt ~ aldur)
conditioned to a third (kyn * 2 categories).

I use the following:

xyplot(vekt ~ aldur|kyn, , data = sexSu)

I want to superimpose the average(vekt) by 'aldur'
conditioned to kyn by using something like:

xyplot(vekt~aldur|kyn, subset = aldur <= 12
, data = sexSu, panel = function(x, y)
       {
       panel.xyplot(x, y)
       panel.points(x,mean(y),col=2,cex=2 )
       })

but th output is just a horozontal line ( the average of 'vekt')
in both panels I guess)

How can be done?

Thanks in advance

> version
               _
platform       i386-pc-mingw32
arch           i386
os             mingw32
system         i386, mingw32
status
major          2
minor          4.1
year           2006
month          12
day            18
svn rev        40228
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)