[R] Truncated x-axis values

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 23 13:07:41 CET 2007

Also think aboutpar( cex.axis = something small)

Depending on what you're doing you might want to
consider usin horizontal=TRUE  and reduce the plot
size a bit to accomomodate the label lengths.

I don't know the packages well enough to be sure but I
suspect that lattice or ggplot may handle this problem
by allowing an angled label

--- Stephen Tucker <brown_emu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You can try playing around with oma, omi, mai, mar,
> etc. in par():
>
> myMai <- par("mai")
> myMai[1] <- max(nchar(y))*par("cin")[1]
> par(mfrow=c(2, 1),mai=myMai,oma=rep(0,4),las = 2)
> # your plot
>
> --- "Urban, Alexander" <a-urban at ti.com> wrote:
>
> > John
> > Thanks for your reply and sorry for not beein
> specific enough
> > Try this piece of code (it's an abstraction of my
> application...)
> >
> > par(las = 2)
> > par(mfrow=c(2, 1))
> > x =  c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
> > y = c("abcdccefghijk", "bcssdefghijkl",
> "abddessfghijk",

"bddessfghijkl","abcdssedghijk","bcdedghijkl","assbcdefghidk","bcdedssgh