[R] Problem adjusting x-labels with bargraphCI

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Tue Mar 20 19:44:42 CET 2007

Vera, Pedro L. <pvera <at> health.usf.edu> writes:

> Hello:
>
> I'm having quite a bit of difficulty adjusting the x-labels using bargraphCI.
I've tried using text and
> srt=45 to rotate the labels or mtext for 2 lines to break up the labels.
However, using either method, I
> cannot line up the labels with the midpoints of the bars (they line up with
some sort of tick mark that is off
> the midpoint of the bars). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  I can't find bargraphCI using the R site search, so I can't tell
you anything about how to work with it.  What package does it come from??
(As the posting guide says, please send a simple reproducible example --
including any library() statements you used to load packages, and/or
the output of sessionInfo() .)  If bargraphCI works anything like
barplot in base R, then b=bargraphCI(...) will assign the midpoints
of the bars to b so you can use them in subsequent graphics calls.

  Ben Bolker