[R] Connecting R-help and Google Groups?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Mar 14 17:09:00 CET 2007

I know nothing about Google Groups, but FWIW, I think it would be most
unwise for R/CRAN to hook up to **any** commercially sponsored web portals.
Future changes in their policies, interfaces,or access conditions may make
them inaccessible or unfreindly to R users. So long as we have folks willing
and able to host and maintain our lists as part of the CRAN infrastructure,
CRAN maintains control. I think this is wise and prudent.

I am happy to be educated to the contrary if I misunderstand how this would
work.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA 94404