[R] AR(1) and gls

Kate Stark kate.stark at utas.edu.au
Wed Mar 14 00:19:37 CET 2007

Hi there,

I am using gls from the nlme library to fit an AR(1) regression model.

I am wondering if (and how) I can separate the auto-correlated and random
components of the residuals? Id like to be able to plot the fitted values +
the autocorrelated error (i.e. phi * resid(t-1)), to compare with the
observed values.

I am also wondering how I might go about calculating confidence (or
prediction) intervals around these "new" fitted values (i.e. fitted "new" =
fitted + autocorrelated error component)?

Thanks in advance,

Kate