[R] 'substitute' question

Bojanowski, M.J. (Michal) M.J.Bojanowski at uu.nl
Tue Mar 13 14:40:19 CET 2007

I do not understand why you play with 'substitute' instead of something
like this:

# CAUTION: this will work only for bivariate case

# plotmaking function
plotModel <- function(m)
{
	x <- m$model$x
	y <- m$model$y
	r2 <- summary(m)$r.squared
	plot(x,y)
	abline(m)
	text( min(x), max(y), paste("And the R^2 is", round(r2,3)),
pos=4)
	invisible(NULL)
}

# your data
x <- rnorm(100)
y <- x + rnorm(100)
lm1 <- lm(y~x)
# make the plot
plotModel(lm1)

*** Note that my e-mail address has changed to m.j.bojanowski at uu.nl
*** Please update your address books accordingly. Thank you!

Michal Bojanowski
ICS / Sociology
Utrecht University
Heidelberglaan 2; 3584 CS Utrecht