[R] curve of density on histogram

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 18:39:16 CET 2007

On 08-Mar-07 Michael Toews wrote:
> Your are so close ... you just need to specify that you want your
> histograms to show density, not percent. I've only edited one line of
> your script, the rest is good and plots nicely:
>
> histogram(~ resp | group, col="steelblue",type="density",

The only problem with that solution is that the y-scales are
now in density units (integrating to 1), not counts (integrating
to N) -- which may be what the user wants to see.

I still hope someone can put us out of our misery by showing
how to make the bin-width available!

best wishes,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861