[R] R and SAS proc format

Ulrike Grömping groemp at tfh-berlin.de
Tue Mar 6 21:26:13 CET 2007

The down side to R's factor solution:
The numerical values of factors are always 1 to number of levels. Thus, it
can be tough and requires great care to work with studies that have both
numerical values different from this and value labels. This situation is
currently not well-supported by R.

Regards, Ulrike

P.S.: I fully agree with Frank regarding the annoyance one sometimes
encounters with formats in SAS!