[R] Off topic:Spam on R-help increase?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Mar 6 18:43:43 CET 2007

Bert Gunter wrote:
> Folks:
>
> In the past 2 days I have seen a large increase of  spam getting into
> R-help. Are others experiencing this problem? If so, has there been some
> change to the spam filters on the R-servers? If not, is the problem on my
> end?
>
> Feel free to reply privately.

Martin Maechler is still walking about upside-down after the DSC, slated
to return on March 8 (plus presumably a day or two to recover from the
flight...). The lists are currently on minimal maintenance and the spam
filters have been known to break and give up occasionally. I think we
just have to bear with it for a few more days.