[R] How to utilise dual cores and multi-processors on WinXP

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Tue Mar 6 18:19:45 CET 2007

The nws package does run on windows and can split calculations between
multiple R processes.  I have not tried it with a single multiprocessor
pc (don't have one), but have used it with multiple pc's.  It looks like
the muliprocessor pc would work pretty much with the defaults.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center