[R] Programming Contests for R?

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 21:31:00 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I just saw for the first time the 'Matlab Programming Contest' at
http://www.mathworks.com/contest/overview.html

Is there something comparable for R? Is someone interested in organizing
such a thing?

Of course, one can try to solve the Matlab Problems Sets in R, but I
think it could be fun to have something like this also for R.

Thanks and have a nice weekend everyone,
Roland

P.S. I have the impression that the R-Help ML is some kind of
programming contest, when people try to contribute more efficient,
elegant, smaller, faster, ... solutions to a question than someone
before. :-D