[R] Loading problem with XML_1.9

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 28 21:35:00 CEST 2007

Weijun --

If memory is a problem, you might try using the 'handler' argument of
xmlTreeParse. This provides access to each node as it is processed, so
that you can, for instance, choose to ignore nodes, or save only
numeric values, or ... I'm not sure whether the entire document is
read into a C 'external pointer', or whether the savings is just in
the R representation of the document.

Also, depending on how you use the resulting document, you might want
to watch out for the memory leak mentioned in
http://www.omegahat.org/RSXML/Changes

Martin

Martin Morgan
Bioconductor / Computational Biology