[R] Course in Boston** R/Splus Fundamentals and Programming Techniques

elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Thu Jun 28 20:45:15 CEST 2007

XLSolutions Corporation (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is making a last call
for our July 2007 "R/S-plus Fundamentals and
Techniques" : www.xlsolutions-corp.com/Rfund.htm

In Boston ***   July 16 - 17, 2007

Reserve your seat now at the early bird rates! Payment due AFTER
the class

Course Description:

This two-day beginner to intermediate R/S-plus course focuses on a
broad spectrum of topics, from reading raw data to a comparison of R
and S. We will learn the essentials of data manipulation, graphical
visualization and R/S-plus programming. We will explore statistical
data analysis tools,including graphics with data sets. How to enhance
your plots, build your own packages (librairies) and connect via
We will perform some statistical modeling and fit linear regression
models. Participants are encouraged to bring data for interactive

With the following outline:

- An Overview of R and S
- Data Manipulation and Graphics
- Using Lattice Graphics
- A Comparison of R and S-Plus
- How can R Complement SAS?
- Writing Functions
- Avoiding Loops
- Vectorization
- Statistical Modeling
- Project Management
- Techniques for Effective use of R and S
- Enhancing Plots
- Using High-level Plotting Functions
- Building and Distributing Packages (libraries)
- Connecting; ODBC, Rweb, Orca via sockets and via Rjava

Email us for group discounts.
Email Sue Turner: sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
Phone: 206-686-1578
Visit us: www.xlsolutions-corp.com/courselist.htm

Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
classto take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your

Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

Elvis Miller, PhD
Manager Training.
XLSolutions Corporation
206 686 1578