[R] Meta-Analysis of proportions

Chung-hong Chan chainsawtiney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:58:03 CEST 2007

OpenBUGS should be something related to Bayesian statistics.

You may refer to Chapter 12 of Handbook
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/vignettes/HSAUR/Ch_meta_analysis.pdf
It talks about meta-regression.

On 6/28/07, Monica Malta <momalta at cict.fiocruz.br> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I'm conducting a meta-analysis of studies evaluating adherence of HIV-positive drug users into AIDS treatment, therefore I'm looking for some advice and syntax suggestion for running the meta-regression using proportions, not the usual OR/RR frequently used on RCT studies.
>
> Have already searched already several handbooks, R-manuals, mailing lists, professors, but... not clue at all...
>
> Does anyone have already tried this? A colleague of mine recently published a similar study on JAMA, but he used OpenBUGS - a software I'm not familiar with...
>
> If there is any tip/suggestion for a possible syntax, could someone send me? I need to finish this paper before my PhD qualify, but I'm completely stuck...
>
> So, any tip will be more than welcome...I will really appreciate it!!!
>
> Thanks in advance and congrats on the amazing mailing-list.
>

> Bests from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
>
> Monica
>

> Monica Malta
> Researcher
> Oswaldo Cruz Foundation - FIOCRUZ
> Social Science Department - DCS/ENSP
> Rua Leopoldo Bulhoes, 1480 - room 905
> Manguinhos
> Rio de Janeiro - RJ 21041-210
> Brazil
> phone +55.21.2598-2715
> fax +55.21.2598-2779

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be
sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
Nikola Tesla
http://www.macgrass.com