[R] unequal variance assumption for lme (mixed effect model)

shirley zhang shirley0818 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:14:19 CEST 2007

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. Your reply reminds me that book. I've read it
long time ago, but haven't  try the weights option in my projects
yet:)

Is the heteroscedastic test always less powerful because we have to
estimate the within group variance from the given data?

Should we check whether each group has equal variance before using
weights=varIdent()? If we should, what is the function for linear
mixed model?

Thanks,
Shirley