[R] Re : Half of a heatmap

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:14:40 CEST 2007

> I am trying to produce a heatmap of pairwise correlations, but since the matrix is
> symmetric, I only need either the upper or the lower triangle.  I have scoured the
> web and R documentation, but I have not been able to find a way to produce such a
> figure.  Is there a simple way to produce a heat map with only the part above or
> below the diagonal?

You might want to check out the LDheatmap() package which can generate
the plots you describe.  The help indicates that it accepts a matrix
of pair-wise linkage disequilibrium measures, one of which is R^2 (the
correlation coefficient between loci), but I suspect you could simply
pass it a matrix of correlation coefficents.

Hope that helps,

Neil
--
"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to
them."  - Johann von Neumann

Email - nshephard at gmail.com / n.shephard at sheffield.ac.uk
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/