[R] R.oo 1.2.7 Incompatible with R 2.5.0?

Feng, Ken ken.feng at citi.com
Fri Jun 22 08:26:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

I need a sanity check.  When I try the following:

library(R.oo)
setConstructorS3( "QREobject", abstract=TRUE,
  function(...)  {
    extend( Object(), "QREobject" );
  }
);

I get:

	Error in names(args) : no applicable method for "names"

Things were working fine in R 2.4.1
I wonder if it has to do with this release note for R 2.5.0:

    o	levels<-(), names() and names<-() now dispatch internally for
	efficiency and so no longer have S3 default methods.

from here:

	https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-announce/2007/000828.html

I'm wondering if I have done something wrong or is there an incompatibility issue.

If it's the latter, I hope Mr. Henrik Bengtsson would be nice enough to update the software.
I'm so dependent on R.oo that I will roll back to 2.4.1 until there's a workaround for this.

Anyone else having similar issues?  Thanks in advance.

- Ken