[R] Creatiing an R package for solving nonlinear system of equations was: RE: finding roots of multivariate equation

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Wed Jun 20 23:22:59 CEST 2007

Hi All,

Replying to this and numerous other requests in the past has made me realize
that a nonlinear solver is very much needed for R users.  I have
successfully used a nonlinear solver based on the spectral gradient method,
in FORTRAN.  I can readily translate that to R and make it available as an R
function, but what I would really like to do is to make that into a package.
I can provide the R function and several test examples.  But I am not good
at creating a good/reliable package.  So, it would be ideal if one of the R
gurus is interested in collaborating with me on this project.  Any one
interested?

Ravi.
-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu