[R] Preconditions for a variance analysis

Christoph Buser buser at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 20 11:22:56 CEST 2007

Dear David

I'd not recommend the tests (for normality, equal variances) as
they are described on your second link (wikipedia).

I would use graphical tools such as Tukey-Anscombe Plot
(residuals against fitted values), quantile (or normal) plot,
leverage plot.

see also ?plot.lm for some short descriptions of these plots in
R.

Best regards,

Christoph