[R] Visualize quartiles of plot line

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 13:07:07 CEST 2007

Hi Arne,

You might also take a look at Prof. Harrell's function:

require(Hmisc)             ## req. library [note: also needs lattice]
?smedian.hilow

Then look at:

?xYplot

And, in particular, at: panel.xYplot(), sub "Usage:"

This does what you want.

## Example; also look at Prof Harrell's examples
xYplot(Murder ~ UrbanPop, data=USArrests, method='quantiles')

HTH, Regards,
Mark.