[R] similarity

Birgit Lemcke birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Fri Jun 15 12:51:40 CEST 2007

Hello
I have a question about performing a similarity analysis using R.
I will perform a similarity analysis comparing species.
I have a datamatrix that looks like the Pictures you can see in the
mail. It contains bivariate data and data in this Min Max mode.

I had to alter the multivariate data into min max, because I had more
than one number in one species and also I had to alter the unordered
multivariate data into bivariate data for the same reason. Now I am
looking for a similarity algorithm or approach  in R that is able to
deal with this data and further gives the possibility to weight the
variables differently.

By the way it would be fine if this approach would be also able to
treat numerical data. I hope somebody can help me.

Best regards

Birgit

Birgit Lemcke
Institut für Systematische Botanik