[R] [OT] 'gv' and fractional points

(Ted Harding) ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Sat Jun 16 02:14:00 CEST 2007

On 15-Jun-07 20:08:05, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> Check out the engauge digitizer:
>
> http://digitizer.sourceforge.net/

Thanks, Gabor. This looks useful, as far as it goes.

However, it doesn't deal directly with PS, so one
would have to work to pixel resolution of screenshots
as displayed by say 'gv'.

In the case of an example such as the Fig 4 I mentioned
in a previous post, this would involve taking several
screenshots to "tile" over the entirety of the graph,
since the pixel accuracy or a screenshot of the entire
graph would be rather poor.

This would introduce the neccessity of keeing track of
points from screenshot to screenshot, and also each
screenshot would have its own coordinate system so these
would have to be reconciled before the final dataset
could be compiled.

But thanks -- this could well be worth a try in a different
kind of context (e.g. I have some screenshots of old maps
which I want to digitise ... ).

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <ted.harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk>