[R] R vs. Splus in Pharma/Devices Industry

Kuhn, Max Max.Kuhn at pfizer.com
Thu Jun 14 23:11:09 CEST 2007

Greg,

Thanks for the kind words about odfWeave.

> These reports are usually put out as internal webpages for various
> people in the organization to look at, so we could either go the
> odfWeave approach and generate pdf files (not as automated as I would
> like)

I agree that automating the conversion should be easier. My wish would
be that the OO binary had a flag to convert from one format to another.

On Linux, there is a bash script that uses the open office binaries to
do the conversion at the command line by Nathan Coulter at

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooconvert/

Also, there is a Java class called jooconvert out there (if memory
serves) that has similar functionality.

Max