[R] How to install RMySQL package in R 2.5 in Windows OS?

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 04:53:44 CEST 2007

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Ruixin ZHU wrote:
>
>> Dear R-users,
>>
>> It seems that install.packages( ) doesn't work to RMySQL package.
>
> Under Windows, yes.  You need the MySQL client libraries for your version
> of MySQL (or something very close to the same version), so the only safe
> way is to install from the sources.  The latter is not hard and there are
> instructions in the package.
There are several of us working on updating the RMySQL binary for
windows.  Currently one has it compiled with mysql 5.0.18, but can't get
it to compile with 5.0.41.  I am having trouble with 5.0.22,  5.0.24,
and 5.0.37 mysql binaries.  There seems to be some problems with
different versions of mysql.  As soon as we have a tested version of the
windows binary for RMySQL, information for obtaining it will be posted.

We all appreciate you patiences.

Thank you
Joe