[R] R Book Advice Needed

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:39:37 CEST 2007

Hi Neil,

ngottlieb at marinercapital.com wrote:

> At this point, want to jump in avoiding all the
> Mathematical proofs and just apply R and the packages for what I want to
> do.

I'd still recommend Venables/Ripley: Modern Applied Statistics with S
(or often abbrev. MASS, which is also name of the package which supports
this book and is part of any standard distribution of R).
Have a look at the table of contents. It is possible via amazon.com (and
I guess also for a series of other books on your list).
I think using MASS together with the included manuals (especially "An
Introduction to R") is probably the best way to get you started.

Best,
Roland